onsdag 9 april 2014

WCS | One, two, three, four or more photos

Amy Coose had a series on the Write Click Scrapbook blog last week showing simple examples of layouts with one, two, three and four photos. Since i make all kinds of layouts with different numbers of photos I had a few to contribute with. They are all ones i have shared here before, but I thought that repetition can be good :)


I most often use one photo on my pages. The size of the photo however can be different. I don´t shy away from using a smaller photo and fill out the page more with embellsihments. 


But ofcourse the usual size is either a square or 4x6"" photo. The larger the photo, the more focus it gets. If I would have a photo that I don´t have much of a story behind, but rather just want to save I will use a larger size.




Nowadays I often use photos straight from my Instagram. Then i often use 2, but size them down to about 10 cm. I also use my printers software to print either two 3x4" photos on the same 4x6" photocard or I´ll print 4 photos on one. 


To use three photos on one page doesn´t happen to often for me. But if the photos tell a story over time for example, it is good.  The rule of thirds is a "rule of thumb" or guideline which applies to the process of composing visual images such as designsfilmspaintings, and photographs and is something I like to use with either embellsihments and/or other elements on my pages.


I have found that if I am going to use 4 or more photos on a page I will mostly do two things:

- I collect my photos in a mosaic

- I use a repetiotion of the same photo for effect. 

If I use a mosaic, it is mostly on travel or event pages when I really want to record many photos without making either a minibook or multiple layouts. 

How about you? Do you have a standard or do you vary the number of photos on your pages?



Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Share!