lördag 10 mars 2012

Cocoa Daisy minibook

i thought that i would share the whole minibook that i showed at WCS thursday! 




I decided to make a minibook for my daughter. She is turning 13 this year and it just feels like I want to teach her everything about life like right now! Haha! I know, I know. So I chose a few of my very favorite quotes and made a little life quote book. The actual minibook is a bunch of A4 sized papers folded in half and then I stapled the book together at the spine. It is a very easy way to make a sturdy minibook. 

For the front I used that yummy Studio Calico paper called Linen from the Memoir collection. I cut the paper a bit smaller than the actual book so it fit like a wrap around the minibook. The hearts at the bottom are the from the title strip of the Oh Happy Grey paper by Amy Tangerine(American Crafts). It just fit right in! I stamped the title with acrylic stamps fromSwissGirlDesigns and just cut the letter out and adhered them to the front page.
Do you see the little tag on the top? For that I used a white tag that Monikasent me. The sentiment is a part of the stamp set I mentioned above. The letters that spell out love is a digital kit from Crystal Wilkerson that I printed out. And that lovely yellow ribbon was included in the kit. 


When you open the book, this is the first page. I am going to write something really good and profound to my girl on that library card, I just didn´t want to write it until it was just right. The glassine bag is sold by our lovely Monika!  I took that photo of the Scrabble letters and included it on this page.

I cut out hexagons from the Basic Grey Breakfast Nook paper. I sewed the edges with my sewing machine and then added the letters. 



For this page I used one of the sentiment stickers from the Crate Paper Random Phrase Stickers sheet + a doily. For the right page I punched butterlies out of a few of the patterned papers in the kit using a Martha Stewart punch. 





The stripes on the Basic Grey Eat at Joe's paper are just perfect to journal on, so I cut quite a big rectangle from it, and wrote the quote directly on it. The foam thickers from American Crafts are so yummy. For the right page I stamped a butterfly with one of my older wodden stamps and added punched out butterflies for some texture.




For this spread I stamped the words out on the green American Crafts cardstock and then used a 3D glue spot to get the layered effect. I used my EKSuccess scalloped punch and used the Studio Calico Flower Bed paper to embellish the background. 




Oh, I am happy about this one! For the left side I actually used the back of the Sassa Fras Seamstress Bouquet paper Flowers package and just journaled on the lines :) and ofcourse that is one of the flowers. I cut out the big cloud from the American Crafts Scatter Sunshine paper and then also the sunbeams. 




Can I just say that I so love this chevron trend to pieces! And chevron + yellow just is perfect! American Crafts Amy Tan Oh Happy Grey is such a pretty paper. I used an old paper bag as a journaling card for this page. 




I wanted to use a few of the strips on the Crate Paper Random Phrase Stickers sheet so I put them on a piece of scrap paper and put it in my typewriter.



For the last page I cut up some of the stripes from the Basic Grey Picadilly Eat at Joes paper. I wrote the quote on there and cut a label from the Crate Paper Random Phrase Stickers sheet in half and added it to the doily. 

i created this minibook using the goodies that was january´s kit from cocoa daisy!


1 kommentar:

Share!