lördag 3 november 2007

saturday projects

I so made a new easy peasy project today and I thought I would share with you all. You may now that Sweden (where i live) can be a bit chilly in the winter time and as I work with kids we are outside even when it is chilly. Aha, I thought as a measure to keep my hands warm during those times I made something to do just that. I took out my sewing machine for this (hold on to you seats!), some felt and rice. I measured my felt (folded) with a playing card (just because it was just there!).



I sewed a seam around the felt pieces but left an opening where I then poured a little of the rice in. I used about a tablespoon or two. You will see when you pour how much you will need. Just make sure you can sew that last piece together.



Oh and make sure no rice ends up in the sewing machine...not that I have ANY rice in my machine :)



I made 2 in each color, and I put them in the microwave for like 15 seconds and then put on in each mitten as I walk outside and the warm rice will keep my hands warm for a good while!



Now isn´t that a good idea, eh! :)

And can you belive I had time to scrap too!








I played around with my wide angle lens today. My cat was very curious on what on earth I was doing :)





me and Harry hanging out!

Have a wonderful weekend!

3 kommentarer:

  1. wow you are a speedy scrapper, I love all of them :)

    SvaraRadera
  2. you are so very very clever!!!! love that idea!
    and i love that you said "easy peasy".....my son and I say that all the time!!
    xo

    SvaraRadera
  3. lisa! love that last pic of you and the pup!! love your pages too!!

    SvaraRadera

Share!