torsdag 6 september 2007

My creative process

I love to read about other peoples creative processes, don´t you? We scrapbookers often have so much in common, but we do the same things so differently. Some scrappers always start with the story, the photo or the papers. Me, I almost always start with a photo. I take a lot of photos and maybe that is why I like to use them as a focal point in my scrapbooking. But, I don´t always have to have photos from one particular event to scrap said event. Am I making any sense?! So here is my process:

1. The first step of making a scrapbook layout is to print my photos. I have the fortune to have a really awesome printer at home that does almost everything. I often use 10 x 15 com photos and lately I have made several multiphoto layouts. When I do, I print them from WORD where I have resized them, often to at least 5 cm wide but it is depending on how many photos I want to use. Ok, and by now I have figured out what I want to use them for (a special memory or maybe a “right-now” kinda layout).

2. The next step for me is the background paper. I have been known to use a lot of the Kraft cardstock which I love because every color can pop! But lately I have use a lot of colors like orange, yellow and brown too.



3. When I have chosen the color of the background, I decide on the size. I scrap A4 or 8.5 x 11” and half that size, but I tend to say I scrap 6 x 12” because it is easier.

4. I trim my photos and lay them on the background paper, so I see how it all will be.

5. I choose what patterned papers I want to use and how; in circles, strips or whatever. Often I pick out a variation of PP and lay them with the photo and end up using atleast 3. I trim and almost everytime ink the edges. Then I lay the PP´s on the layout and then arrange them around for a while.

6. When I am content I start adhering the photo and patterned papers.

7. I play around with a title (I don´t always use titles) and find good ways of doing that with maybe rub-ons, computer journaling *, stickers and stamps. These, the titles, usually do not come out the way I have planned them!

8. Then I get to the journaling. Sometimes I want to use a lot of words to express a memory or feeling, other times I use wordstrips or just a few sentences. More often than not, I use my own handwriting.

9. Now it is time for the last touches. It can be different kinds of embellishments like flowers, stars, hearts etc. but also doodles, dots or just additional journaling words.



10. Often I take a step back from my project to see if it is just right.




Ok, there you have it; Lisas creative process! Now, it is your turn, how does your process look like?

* If I use computer journaling I always start with that and then arrange the photos and patterned papers around that.

2 kommentarer:

  1. I do something very similar. It always starts with the pic for me too.
    I loved reading about his, Lisa.

    SvaraRadera
  2. I loved this blog entry. It's quite close to the same thing I do too. Also like the LO you had hanging on the wall. It's inspiring. Keep it up :)

    SvaraRadera

Share!