torsdag 19 juli 2007

we are home!

So, we are all home safe and happy. I will just leave you with my top 5 of the trip!

1. Being with family. By that I mean really being with them. You know talking, laughing playing board games and cards, no TV or radio to distract. That really made me happy! Living in a small cabin means sleeping in the same room every night, chatting together until late hours. Telling stories from past times...

2. Nature. We have drived well over 1000kms. We live in a very long country which means that we didn´t even hit the very north of Sweden. But we have seen some awesome acts of Mother nature. Incredible mountains, tight forests and lakes mirror clear. The contrast, the colors, wild animals just walking by. Just imagien a reindeers just walking by on the parking lot! So cool! And just being able to walk and be in nature as you please to take part of it´s greatness always brings me happiness!

3. Funny places and signs. When we drove through the country we saw all sorts of funny street names, signs abd names of places. They aren´t funny to translate :) But the fact that the entire north of Sweden seems to only eat pizza and kebab is funny to me! Everywhere we came there always were signs of PIZZA! KEBAB! :) But the funniest was "We serve pizza, kebab and food!

4. The mountains. They are so wonderful that they deserve an own # on my list! I could totally see myself living by the mountains. They are truly magnificent! To hike them was such an amazing feeling. The feeling of complete freedome. Just what I needed.

5. Culture. To see swedish culture places and famous places . Though I have lived in this country for 28,5 years I have never been to so many of these places before. The biggest thing for me was to visit the village where they make Dala-horses Incredible works of art and craft! Every piece is hand carved and then they paint every single one by hand! They also had craft tables where you could paint your own piece!

Ok, this is it for now, but I will be back soon with some photos and hopefully some layouts!

4 kommentarer:

  1. wow it sounds like you had a great time, how wonderful to see more of where you live.

    SvaraRadera
  2. What an incredible trip! The picture is beautiful :)

    SvaraRadera
  3. sounds like you had a great trip lisa!!!

    SvaraRadera

Share!