torsdag 12 januari 2006

....

can read :) I think this is just fantastic and she just shakes her shoulders... She just doesn´t realize what of a big world just has opened for her. I can´t remember when or how I started reading, but I know that reading is and has been one of my favorite things to do for as long as I can remember. When I was 10 through 17 I can remember reading several books every week. And now since I was 20 I have taken up that again. Since I started my walks I borrow lots of CD books and that is just the greatest thing, because then I am able to do other things at the same time. Books are such fantastic things because you and only you can read a book the way you want it. If you watch a movie someone else has already decided how everything is going to look and how the caracters should be. When reading a book you are the creator. You decide how the surroundings in the story looks like and even though you can get directions on how the caracters looks like you have them imagened in you head still. I have had different favorites over the years. Sometimes I need an easy book, you know the kind of book that just flows and that you don´t have to think through. Then other times I crave for books with love or excitement.

Here are some of my favorites:

Easy books: The Marian Keys collection (for example The Watermelon)
Other "I - am - almost - 30 - and - crave - for - the - real - love" kind of books

Really good ones: Patricia Cornwells books about Kay Scarpetta (my all time favorites)
Books of swedish author Henning Mankell (criminal stories)
Books by swedish author Åke Edwardsson (also criminal stories)


Well, that sums it up really I love books about love, crime and adventure...


Read well...

1 kommentar:

  1. Hi Lisa! I lost your blog and am so glad I found it again! My own daughter is just barely starting to read. She turned 6 in October. I love when you can almost see the light bulb turn on in their head. And I'm so happy my children love to read. My husband says I've turned them into nerds, but I say they're good nerds :) And you look great - congrats on keeping up the good work, and thanks for the inspiration. We've fought the flu since before Christmas, but I think I'm ready to dig in and start exercising.

    SvaraRadera

Share!